Start your career in teaching with our entry level course
Who is this course for?
This qualification opens up progression to the level 4 Certificate in Education & Training, Assessing, Quality Assurance and more…
Our teacher training courses are second to none. We offer first class online learning, our own learner manual written by our head tutor and dedicated 1-2-1 support.
This particular teacher training qualification provides an introduction to teaching. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
– individuals not currently teaching or training as achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than micro-teach assessment;
– students currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) although the qualification does not require practice other than micro-teach assessment;
– or currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
You will be able to begin your career in teaching as a trainee teacher in further education. You could be working in a college or with private training providers.
Typically, as part of your employment, you will also be required to enrol on to one of our higher level teacher training courses within your first two years of teaching.
Nevertheless, this is an excellent qualification to help you either get your ‘foot in the door’ or as a stepping stone on to further training if you are already teaching.
What will you learn from this course?
In summary, you will cover teaching approaches within the classroom, basic behaviour management and theories behind different styles of learning. All of our teacher training courses are engaging, supportive and have top quality online learning resources to compliment any classroom delivery attended.
You will also cover inclusive teaching strategies for a varied classroom in addition to the principles and practices of assessment. Teacher training courses don’t have to be boring! We make our teacher training courses as interactive, supportive as possible.
This is an engaging and fun teacher training course, giving you a good insight in to the career:
– Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
– Methods to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
– Know the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
– Know the types and methods of assessment used in education and training
– Understand how to use constructive feedback, keep records and involve learners and others in the assessment process
– Explain the quality assurance and the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
– Be able to plan, deliver and evaluate inclusive teaching and learning
– Be able to facilitate one to one and group learning and development
How is the course delivered?
Our teacher training courses are offered via two main delivery options:
-Online, self-paced with attendance for the micro-teach assessment
-Full-time, intensive spread across 3-5 days with final assessment at the end
The full-time teacher training course gives three full days of classroom teaching and two home study/workshop days to complete final worksheets.
The online, self-paced study teacher training courses offer complete flexibility and structured, high quality online learning, using virtual classrooms and an abundance of resources to ensure you complete all the required coursework to pass the course. You will then attend an assessment session whereby you will deliver your micro-teach assessment. You are also assigned your dedicated tutor who supports you throughout your studies.
Either way, your final assessment at the end of the classroom delivery is the micro-teach.
– £420 per person full-time: 3 days (4 days if needed)
– £375 per person Online, self-paced
How will I be assessed?
You are assessed through completion of worksheets and an observed micro-teach assessment. This is where you deliver a planned lesson to live students in front of your assessor.
You will receive a qualification from YMCA Awards/Active IQ – meaning that this course is fully regulated by Ofqual, ensuring your achievement is nationally recognised as a professional, vocational qualification.
Choose this training course:
Why choose our Award in Education & Training (formerly PTLLS) in Essex?
- Excellent, highly rated vocational training
- Vocational courses in Fitness, Teaching, Security, Teaching and more....
- Multiple funding options available for all courses
- Flexible Study Options - online, part-time and bespoke 1-2-1/small group delivery