Start your career in teaching as a trainee teacher.
Who is this course for?
This qualification opens up progression to the level 4 Certificate in Education & Training, Assessing, Quality Assurance and more…
This teacher training qualification provides an introduction to teaching. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
– individuals not currently teaching or training as achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching;
– students currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) although the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching;
– or currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
You to be able to begin your career in teaching as a trainee teacher in further education. You could be working in a college or with private training providers. Typically, as part of your employment, you will also be required to enrol on at least the level 4 Certificate in Education and Training or higher. This is an excellent qualification to help you either get your ‘foot in the door’ or as a stepping stone on to further training if you are already teaching.
What will you learn from this course?
In summary, you will cover teaching approaches within the classroom, basic behaviour management and theories behind different styles of learning. You will also cover inclusive teaching strategies for a varied classroom in addition to the principles and practices of assessment. This is an engaging and fun teacher training course, giving you a good insight in to the career:
– Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
– Methods to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
– Know the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
– Know the types and methods of assessment used in education and training
– Understand how to use constructive feedback, keep records and involve learners and others in the assessment process
– Explain the quality assurance and the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
– Be able to plan, deliver and evaluate inclusive teaching and learning
– Be able to facilitate one to one and group learning and development
How is the course delivered?
As this is a face to face career, we only believe in direct delivery of the course either on a full-time or part-time basis. Should you choose part-time, you will come in for one evening a week for three weeks. You’ll also have an additional 1-2 weeks to complete your remaining paperwork if needed.
The full-time option gives three full days of teaching and two home study/workshop days to complete final worksheets.
Either way, your final assessment at the end of the classroom delivery is the micro-teach.
– £480 per person full-time: 3 days (4 days if needed)
– £420 per person part-time: 3 weekday evenings once a week
How will I be assessed?
You will receive a qualification from YMCA Awards/Active IQ – meaning that this course is fully regulated by Ofqual, ensuring your achievement is nationally recognised as a professional, vocational qualification.
Choose this training course:
Why choose our Level 3 Award in Education & Training in Essex?
- Excellent, highly rated vocational training
- Vocational courses in Fitness, Teaching, Security, Teaching and more....
- Multiple funding options available for all courses
- Flexible Study Options - online, part-time and bespoke 1-2-1/small group delivery