Personal Trainer Apprenticeship - GymFactor
Who is this course for?
GYMFACTOR PERSONAL TRAINER APPRENTICESHIP:
This is NOT your typical personal trainer apprenticeship, because it is not government funded and has many benefits over the standard apprenticeship. This is because you typically graduate faster; between 4 to 10 months depending on the course pathway you choose (explained below); as opposed to 15-18 months with the government funded personal trainer apprenticeship.
Furthermore, you have the option to study more advanced courses and qualify at a much higher level than with the standard government apprenticeship.
– You make your application and attach your CV
– If successful, we contact to invite you to an information session and interview
– Once successful, you will begin your placement and training, which works out like this:
– The gym you work at will have paid half of your fees for you, to which you then work back at a rate of £6.92 per hour.
– You can earn additional income whilst working at the gym in the form of commission for all new members recruited by you (typically £10 per new member)
– At the same time, you pay back the other half of the course fees. You can either use our student loans facility or our student budget account – repayments start from only £15 per month.
– In fact, you have two opportunities to earn extra income to help pay the other half; through commission and the opportunity to be a personal trainer within our gym/partner gym facility.
What will you learn from this course?
With the GymFactor apprenticeship opportunity you can choose a whole range of additional qualifications once you have completed the personal training studies outlined below. You need to study the personal training diploma first, then you can specialise, for example, level 4 Strength & Conditioning or level 4 Low Back Pain and more.
Please note, specialising is optional, you can just study the personal training diploma and specialise at a later date if you choose to.
For the personal training qualification, here’s exactly what you cover, with some examples of how you assessed too:
– Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology (multiple choice theory exam)
– Level 2 Principles of Exercise (multiple choice theory exam)
– Health, Safety and Welfare in a fitness environment (worksheets/workbook)
– Know how to support your client (worksheets/workbook)
– Planning Gym Based Exercise (programme design)
– Instructing Gym Based Exercise (practical observation)
– Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology (multiple choice theory exam)
– Level 3 Nutrition (multiple choice theory exam and case study)
– Advanced Programming for personal training (case study and worksheets)
– Delivering personal training sessions (case study, worksheets and practical observation)
How is the course delivered?
The courses are a mix of advanced online studies and hard copy learner manuals with practical workshop attendance to cover the essentials in a classroom and gym environment.
The workshops you attend are delivered on Saturday’s, 10am to 3pm.
Once you reach certain stages in your studies, you plan and book your practical workshops with your personal tutor who helps guides you through your studies.
As with the government apprenticeship, once you reach a certain stage in the course, you will be able to add Personal Training to your duties at our gym, meaning you can begin earning your ideal wage.You will now be building your business.
In summary, our personal trainer apprenticeships are engaging, fun and very comprehensive. The other thing that makes our personal trainer apprenticeship unique is the opportunity to specialise. You get to pick and choose where you specialise and design your own bespoke course.
How will I be assessed?
Practical assessments, worksheets, case studies and theory exams (multiple choice)
Can I make a good living once qualified?
Upon graduation, you will either be employed directly by our partner company as a freelance personal trainer – New Body Gym Ltd
You will be interviewed and employed by one of our partners we have built trusted relationships with,
Your placement gym will offer you permanent employment.
Choose this training course:
Why choose our Personal Trainer Apprenticeship – GymFactor in Essex?
- Excellent, highly rated vocational training
- Vocational courses in Fitness, Teaching, Security, Teaching and more....
- Multiple funding options available for all courses
- Flexible Study Options - online, part-time and bespoke 1-2-1/small group delivery