Government Apprenticeship or GymFactor Apprenticeship:
Who is this course for?
These are excellent opportunities:
GYMFACTOR APPRENTICESHIP: This is NOT your typical government apprenticeship, because it is not government funded and has many benefits over the standard apprenticeship. This is because you typically graduate faster; between 4 to 10 months depending on the course pathway you choose (explained below); as opposed to 15-18 months with the government funded apprenticesihp. Furthermore, you have the option to study more advanced courses and qualify at a much higher level than with the standard government apprenticeship.
– You make your application and attach your CV
– If successful, we contact to invite you to an information session and interview
– Once successful, you will begin your placement and training, which works out like this:
– The gym you work at will have paid half of your fees for you, to which you then work back at a rate of £6.92 per hour.
– You can earn additional income whilst working at the gym in the form of commission for all new members recruited by you (typically £10 per new member)
– At the same time, you pay back the other half of the course fees. You can either use our student loans facility or our student budget account – repayments start from only £15 per month.
– In fact, you have two opportunities to earn extra income to help pay the other half; through commission and the opportunity to be a personal trainer within our gym/partner gym facility.
GOVERNMENT FUNDED APPRENTICESHIP:
With this opportunity, you ideally need to be unemployed or in part-time employment at less than 16 hours per week. You will most likely be required to attend a pre-apprenticeship course first, where you will qualify to level 2 in Gym Instructing. You will also complete a voluntary work experience placement at a gym in return for your gym instructor training. Upon completion, you will then be selected to enter in to the full level 3 apprenticeship.
This is where you will then commence employment at your placement gym, paid at around the national minimum apprenticeship wage for your first year whilst undergoing the level 3 personal training qualification and further training in a specialist area.
You will be working between 30-40 hours each week including a day release at set dates to attend our college for your qualification.
Towards the end of your placement, you will then undergo end point assessment where you will achieve the apprenticeship standard when passed. You will also have the opportunity to achieve your standard personal training qualification within your first year, where you will get the opportunity to build your personal training business at the same time as completing your apprenticeship. Please note however, where possible, your personal training clients will need to be worked outside of shifts; although there is some allowance made here.
SUMMARY POINT: Overall, both opportunities are excellent opportunities. You can qualify as a personal trainer and then a specialist trainer, regardless of your situation. This is an opportunity for all.
What will you learn from this course?
Upon successful joining as our apprentice personal trainer, you will undergo intense training as a gym instructor. Either on the pre-apprenticeship course (study programme or similar) with the government funded apprenticeship, or via our GymFactor apprenticeship.
Once you complete the level 2 Gym Instructor, you will start the level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
With our GymFactor opportunity:
**You can also choose to study the advanced diploma in personal training or the ultimate diploma in personal training.
Whilst you’re working between 6-16 hours at the gym, you will also be studying one of our personal training diplomas on a part-time basis.
With the government funded apprenticeship, you will be working 30-4- hours per week and attending college on a day release from work each week/month.
For the personal training qualification, here’s exactly what you cover, with some examples of how you assessed too:
– Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology (multiple choice theory exam)
– Level 2 Principles of Exercise (multiple choice theory exam)
– Health, Safety and Welfare in a fitness environment (worksheets/workbook)
– Know how to support your client (worksheets/workbook)
– Planning Gym Based Exercise (programme design)
– Instructing Gym Based Exercise (practical observation)
– Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology (multiple choice theory exam)
– Level 3 Nutrition (multiple choice theory exam and case study)
– Advanced Programming for personal training (case study and worksheets)
– Delivering personal training sessions (case study, worksheets and practical observation)
**And you will also study lots of extra qualifications if you choose the advanced or ultimate personal courses.
How is the course delivered?
– Government funded apprenticeship:
The course is delivered on a set timetable across your first year, with some intense training to get you qualified to a certain standard before completing your final assessments, giving you the opportunity to begin personal training. You will be given your delivery plan upon signing up and becoming employed. Typically, you attend college two days each month, followed by an intense period of training and finally, end point assessment at the end of your apprenticeship to achieve the apprenticeship standard.
– For GymFactor:
The courses are delivered on Saturday’s, 10am to 3pm.
In between each Saturday workshop, you will be working at our gym performing Gym Instructor duties and practicing your marketing skills. You will have a workbook to work through that you will complete as part of your shifts. You will also be using this time to revise and complete any tasks set at your weekly workshops.
As with the government apprenticeship, once you reach a certain stage in the course, you will be able to add Personal Training to your duties at our gym! Exciting! You will now be building your business.
Can I make a good living once qualified?
Upon graduation, you will either be employed directly by our partner company as a freelance personal trainer – New Body Gym Ltd
You will be interviewed and employed by one of our partners we have built trusted relationships with,
Your placement gym will offer you permanent employment.
IMPORTANT: To apply for this course, please go to https://efa1.wufoo.eu/forms/m1ndmdwd1do6020/.
Choose this training course:
Why choose our Personal Trainer Apprenticeships in Essex?
- Excellent, highly rated vocational training
- Vocational courses in Fitness, Teaching, Security, Teaching and more....
- Multiple funding options available for all courses
- Flexible Study Options - online, part-time and bespoke 1-2-1/small group delivery